Sunday, October 3, 2010

Once you go vegan...

Hello all,


So, I have decided to give myself a little food challenge.  I wouldn't say that I am "picky" eater, but I do choose to eat with awareness...so, I guess that I am a choosey eater.  However, recently I have let some old habits creep back into my life.  I have been nibbling bulk section (chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels),  putting too much sugar in my coffee, not drinking enough water, etc...


I have started to notice a couple of telltale signs that I am consuming too much crap.  I'm lethargic, have  a slight headache, and look tired.  I mostly see a couple of bags hanging out under my eyes along with a certain dullness.  Is this reality or is this what my mind is projecting because I don't feel up to par?  I'm thinking that its a combo of the two.


So, the food challenge I have decided to give myself, for the next 10 days, is to go vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and essentially processed sugar free.  Now, some people might wonder what the heck I am going to eat for the next few days!  However, living in Boulder, Co is one of the most "gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian" friendly places in the history of the world, so I have lots of great resources here.  I also have www.yumuniverse.com (YU)and its founder Heather Crosby to support me and provide any guidance I may need along the way.  In honor of YU I  am calling the challenge the YU(yum universe) + ME (that's me:) = CLEAN!  I have already tried quite a few recipes from this site and know that I won't have to sacrifice taste to stay on track.


My food goals for the next 10 days:


1) Be vegan, no exceptions
2) Be dairy free, no exception
3) Severely restrict my added and refined sugar consumption (may allow for 1 emergency sugar use with             coffee)


My food preparation goals for the next 10 days


1) Leave the house packin' with prepared snacks
2) If going for coffee must take coconut creamer and agave (or  JUST SAY NO to my dear java)
3) Make 7-10 new recipes from www.yumuniverse.com




My ultimate goals for the effects of my challenge


1) Increase my energy
2) Look and feel brighter
3) Lose the annoying headache


Okay, that's it, simple enough.


There should be some pretty cool posts over the next 10 days  on www.whyknotmassagetherapy.blogspot.com so I hope you will follow along my vegan journey!


Thanks for reading,


Beth McVay, CMT
American Massage Therapy Association member

No comments:

Post a Comment