Sunday, October 3, 2010

popped amaranth, YES PLEASE!

Okay, so I have been wanting to check out the "Popped Amaranth Crunch" snack from the yumuniverse.com website for a while now and although I was going to leave this little jewel until tomorrow, when I have officially kicked off YU+ME=Clean (http://whyknotmassagetherapy.blogspot.com/2010/10/once-you-go-vegan.html),  I just couldn't wait!  I had to know if it really had a popcorn-y taste..and sure enough...IT DOES!  I have been looking for a popcorn substitute for a while because although popcorn is a whole grain, I eat a TON of it, and feel the need to add some variety!


OMG!  This really is quite the little gem!  Kind of buttery, good crunch and sweet all rolled up into teensy amaranth kernels!  I threw in some carob chips for good measure: )  Well,  I guess I can check one new recipe off my goals list now, can't I; )

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment