Tuesday, October 5, 2010

YU+ME=Clean, DAY 2

Good Evening!


Here I am reflecting on a fantastic day while nibbling on none other than popped amaranth crunch, but of course: ) !!!  http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/09/28/popped-amaranth-crunch/ 


Another successful day in the land of vegan-ism! Yay!  Thankfully, I was able to get a bike ride in today: ) I don't feel like I have to exercise everyday, but I always feel better when I do so I usually fit it in somehow.  As a result of making time for it more often than not, I don't sweat it when the day simply doesn't allow for it.


I had a great night's sleep and although I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, its not because I was "tired," it was because I was particularly cozy snuggled up on a cool autumn morning.


I saw clients on and off all day and felt good and charged all day.  I noticed this evening that my dull headache has subsided.  I have no doubt that this is because I have cut out processed sugar foods for the last 2 days.  I was letting myself get all willy-nilly with my diet with the anticipation of getting back on track.  Who know why though...is it really all that fun to eat a ton of ice cream if I'm going to feel hungover the next day?  Well, maybe a little but... Seriously, a while back when I realized how much sugar I was consuming (through processed foods as well as sweets) and pulled the reins I decided to reward myself with some ice cream.  Having little to no will power when it comes to ice cream I downed a pint of Ben & Jerry's and woke up feeling completely hungover!  Totally unfair for someone who doesn't even drink!


Well, in sum, today was really awesome.  For me, waking every day with the intention of taking care of myself, in and of itself, makes it pretty stellar.


Okay, now, down to the nitty gritty of what I ate today and how I felt!


Food Log
1 apple
1 banana
Popped Amaranth Crunch http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/09/28/popped-amaranth-crunch/
Delicious salad from Whole Foods salad bar packed with veggies and dressed with O.O. and balsamic
Dolmas
Edamame Dip
Nut thins
Decaf coffee with coconut creamer and agave






Activity
1 Hr Sweet Mt Bike ride 
5 hrs massage


Energy
7, I had great energy all day but sitting here at 9:18, I wish I had a little more juice to get some things done.


Sleep
7, I would like to start getting into bed earlier.. I have been averaging about midnight, which is keeping me in bed a little too long in the morning.


Thanks for reading along.  Tomorrow, I want to make Sweet & Salty Kale Chips!
http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/09/28/popped-amaranth-crunch/

Mine won't be raw because I don't have a dehydrator, but I'm sure they will be delicious baked on a low heat.  Stay tuned to see!




Beth McVay, CMT
American Massage Therapy Association member





No comments:

Post a Comment