Saturday, October 9, 2010

YU+ME=Clean, DAY 6 "The movie theater."

...I suppose technically I could have had the movie theater popcorn...its not meat, not dairy, its not gluten...but I guess its not exactly clean.  I think there's a ridiculous number of chemicals in those delicious yellow-orange popped kernels, and I really like it with the "butter" and the specific movie theater salt too; however,  I didn't want to put that crap into my body while I'm on a mission to get back to a clean diet.  I didn't exactly go without though, I picked up "Pop Chips" http://www.popchips.com/ at Whole Foods before heading to the flick and crunched on those as my snack; )


Killer ride today and really good energy overall, especially during my ride!  I hit the trail for about 2 hours and felt strong the whole way. I completely love climbing hills!  Sometimes it takes my legs a little while to remember that they LOVE the burn, but not today.  I was in the zone from the get go!


I can definitely tell that eliminating a bunch of the processed foods that had wormed its way into my diet has bumped my energy level up a good bit.  This is no surprise.  Refined sugar and processed foods just make me feel so blah -  In only a handful of days I truly feel much more alert.  I think that eliminating the meat and dairy is really good too.  Although I don't take in a lot of these foods groups anyway, I think eliminating them all together allows that much more room for plant based foods.  


Alright, on with my report card for the day...




Food List
Decaf coffee w/ coconut creamer and agave
Apple quinoa cereal (breakfast and snack) http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/01/30/apple-quinoa-cereal/
Coconut caribbean oat bars http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/01/14/carribean-coconut-oat-bars/
Chopped Spinach, quinoa and veggie salad
Coconut milk latte (Robin R. that was at your suggestion, Mmmmm: )
Popcorn (home popped with coconut oil, at home, after movie) 
Pop Chips http://www.popchips.com 


Activity
2 Hour sweet ride


Energy
7.85, getting really close to solar status


Sleep
8, I haven't been restless AT ALL, Sa-weet!!!!!!!


Need to head to bed.  Another mountain bike ride is on the docket for the morning.


G'nite.




Beth McVay, CMT
American Massage Therapy Association member


No comments:

Post a Comment